Movin' On Up...










Yesterday my boss Kelly asked me to come to our district meeting a little early. I agreed, of course, but I couldn't help wondering why. I went over all of my responsibilities in my head over and over again, just to make sure I hadn't REALLY messed up somehow, but I couldn't think of anything. So when we finally sat down to talk, I had no idea what to expect.


Kelly explained to me that he was asked to take over a project in Houston for 6-8 months and that the general manager of our Samsung account was going to take over as district manager while he is out. So that left the general manager position open at Samsung and he said he couldn't think of anyone better to fill that spot than me. He let me know that this would not be temporary, I would be staying there even after he gets back. He paid me a huge compliment by telling me that I was by far his best manager and he knew I would do very well there.


The Samsung account is a 24/7 manufacturing facility and the cafe is open 24 hours a day as well, so this is going to be a huge responsibility for me. I am going to be in charge of managing both the day and night shifts, as well as having a weekly meeting with our client there. I shouldn't have to work many evening or weekend shifts, but I'm sure there will be some. I'm not excited about that, but I can handle it since I'm getting a very nice raise with this position change. There is also a chance that we will take over another cafe on the Samsung campus, so I would be responsible for both accounts, that would mean another raise!!!





So those are the details I know so far. I'm not really sure what I'm getting into, but I am excited to move on in my career. Please keep me and my family in your prayers, I'm of course very nervous about messing this up and falling on my face! It's just nerves, I know, but I can't help it. I think my first day is May 5th.





Until next time...Peace and Love