Our Labor Day Weekend

This Sunday was an "All Girls Day" to go float the Comal River in New Braunsfels with Somer and several of our friends. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. Sitting in a tube and floating down a river of cool rushing water is so peaceful and fun. We started out as a group of six, but we dwindled down to four as some of our friends had to leave early. We made four trips down the river, having more fun each round. The river has a few chutes/waterfalls that you encounter along the way and this adds to the fun. Of course you always get a good laugh at the poor soul that gets dumped from their tube and it is always an adventure trying to get your group of tube people back together again before you hit another chute! I needed a stress free day and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Scott had Joshua for the day and he took him over to our friends house that have the twin baby girls. The babies are six months old and it was their Daddy's first time to really babysit on his own for longer than 30 minutes (Mom was with us on the river). Joshua later told me, "Mom, you don't want to babysit, all the babies do is hold their heads back and go WAAAAAAAAA!" I laughed so hard when he was describing this to me. Apparently the babies did not like their mommy having a day off!

I went into work on Monday, even though I was "off", to get a jump start on the week as I will be short handed this week. Scott and Joshua came up to keep me company and of course before you knew it I had put them to work. I had to bag up cookies, brownies etc. We had a little assembly line going and we knocked it out quickly. I bagged, Scott sealed and Joshua put on the stickers. Thank goodness they came or I would have been there forever! On the way home Joshua said, "That was really fun!" I think he just liked all the snacking!!

All in all we had a great Labor Day weekend!