Here goes nothing

Well, my brother Cody has inspired me to start this blog. I think it is a genius way to keep my loved ones in the loop without feeling guilty for not calling/emailing everyone. It's not that I don't want to personally touch base with my loved ones, but you all know how hard it can be to squeeze in a phone call during the day when you are trying to get dinner cooked, homework done, dogs fed, bathe a stinky kid and then fall into bed exhausted...

Anyway, I will post an entry when I can and I hope you all will check out my blog on occasion. I have really enjoyed keeping up with Cody's life and I would never have had enough time to talk on the phone long enough to hear about all of his adventures, but while I am forced to sit on yet another pointless conference call at work, I can just log onto Cody's blog and read about what he has been up to. So it is my hope I can maintain a relatively interesting amount of material to keep all of my friends and family informed about what is going on in my life.

For now, I am about to have to pry Joshua's brand new Nintendo DS from his tense little fingers and try to get him to bed. I just bought it for him today as a reward for doing so well in school. I'll keep you posted on how it works out. I have my concerns of him becoming one of those gaming geeks that never goes outside and never develops communication skills like a normal human being. I know this stereotype well, as many of my customers are computer engineers and cannot even manage a meager "fine" when I ask them how they are doing.... but that is a can of worms I won't open for now. But as I glance over at my son, drenched in sweat as he plays Star Wars Legos on his game, I think it will work out just fine. Besides that he is already dark tan from swimming everyday this week. He loves the outdoors just as much as his new game. Hopefully we will find an even balance.

Until my next entry...Peace and Love...Kara