Steaming Hot Bowl of Yoga

This Saturday I went to Bikram Yoga with my friend Audra. This is the yoga class that is done in a room that is 105 degrees on average. You can check it out at www.yogagroove.com I was a bit nervous about going, but I thought what the heck I might as well try it out.
When I stepped into the room it was like stepping into an oven, literally. I was overwhelmed, and thought to my self, "I'm never going to make it!" But I did, I lasted the entire one hour and thirty minutes. I did not succeed in doing many of the 26 stances that are done, but I did a few and was in awe of the people around me balancing their twisted bodies on nothing but the tip toes of one foot!! It seemed almost unreal and as you can imagine the sweat was pouring off of people. It looked as if there were water hoses pouring on people, fortunately the sweat rolls off onto towels not just into endless puddles of sweat, which I had kind of feared.
The instructor said that feeling nauseous or dizzy is very normal and if that happened that I should just "take a knee". I took a knee several times, and at one point I almost passed out, everything went black. The instructor came to my rescue with a Vitamin water and it helped out a lot. I finished up the class with the floor exercises and actually stayed in the room a few minutes after the instructor had dismissed us just to let myself reflect. It was actually quite peaceful. It was not like any other exercise I have ever attempted before and everyone is very respectful. I felt great afterward and as they describe it on their website, I got a feeling of "well being". I plan to go again and hopefully get to a point where I can do more of the stances. I think the different stretches would be great for my back and my overall body.
After class Audra and I picked up Joshua and went to lunch on the roof of Whole Foods on 6th street. We feasted on sushi!! Mmmm, delish. I'm glad we ate after the class because hot sushi in your belly has got to be bad!!!
On Sunday Scott, Joshua and I went and looked at bonsai trees in a couple of places. We also went shopping. Scott has made beef stroganoff for dinner and it smells delicious....so I better go.
Until next time...Peace and Love...Kara