
Tonight we ventured out to the mall. While Scott opted for a chair massage, Joshua and I wondered about aimlessly, bought a smoothie and decided to go wait for Scott. We sat down by the mall fountain to wait and Joshua pointed out all the coins in the water by exclaiming, "Wow, look how many wishes there are in there!" I smiled and pulled three pennies from my wallet and handed them to him. He looked up and said,"I get to make a your wishes too?" meaning wishes for myself and Scott. I said,"Sure, go ahead." He got very excited when he heard this and asked me to hold his smoothie so he didn't accidentally throw it in!
He was about to toss them in and he looked up at me and asked,"What do you want me to wish for you?" I told him to wish for happiness as I always do, it has worked so far! He faced the water and started.
1. "I wish for happiness"
2. "I wish for Shiva's leg to get better"
3. "I wish for Daddy to win the lottery"
I was touched by his sweet selfless wishes. Shiva is our seven year old dog with bad knees and one leg has been giving her a great deal of trouble lately. So Joshua used his wish for her. He never even considered keeping all of the wishes for himself.
I am so proud of my son. He truly has a heart of gold.

