Birthday and stuff...

As is tradition for Scott's birthday we went to Sullivan's Steakhouse for dinner. Usually we leave Joshua with a sitter, but this year we did not have one so I called ahead to make sure it would be okay to bring him.
I pointed out to Joshua that he was the only kid in the place and that he had better act like a grown up. He of course was perfect and behaved probably better than some adults. The chef made him a special burger since they don't have a kid's menu. Joshua loved it and sent his compliments to the chef. He very politely asked our waitress to tell the chef thank you for his burger.
Scott and I enjoyed Fillet Mignon with horseradish mashed potatoes and asparagus. They also have really delicious crusty bread. The servers come by and scrape up the bread crumbs with little scoops. Scott sprinkled some extra crumbs on the table and Joshua got a real kick out of watching them scoop up the crumbs so quickly.
For dessert on your birthday they bring you a souffle. Scott ordered the chocolate one, yum! When they bring it out they always bring the birthday person a sparkler. This year we all got a sparkler and this delighted Joshua very much!
It was a fantastic evening and we enjoyed it so much. I'm glad we did not get a sitter, I think this might be the new tradition for Scott's birthday.
Since I have not posted much lately I'll include some recent pictures. The first are of Scott's new compost bins that he built himself. Then there are some of Christmas and of the dogs.